Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Agony Aunt

So this morning I get woken up by a text from a dear friend of mine. MORE relationship issues. This boy's life is like a soap opera and he always feels the need to tell me ALL about it. I have known him easily 15 years. I have tried to keep him from making mistakes but it hasn't always worked. He was a virgin until his late 20's and then he married some woman older than his own mother. Well, that was 6 or 7 years ago. NOW he has decided he wants a REAL life. Kids, someone who is interested in what he is etc. I could write a book just on his escapades! I will spend the next few posts on him. The end lesson being, DO NOT marry someone that is so much older than you are, it just can't work, even with the best intentions. Marriage is hard enough without a huge generation gap. When he wants to play his guitar, she whines it is too loud. When she is ready for bed, he is just getting ready to go out. You get the idea. No thirty something wants to be a "dad" to people older than himself and a grandpa to tweens. How his 3 times divorced wife ever thought she would keep up with him is mind boggling. She knows better now, as does he. He is now in love with someone more his age and his old wife will soon be all alone again. He is blowing my phone up, so I will get into his escapades tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment